Fume Hood for Cosmetic Lab in Utah
SnugZ USA – 9258 Prosperity Rd, West Jordan, UT 84081
SnugZ USA is a continuously growing business; they are expanding each department more and more each year. With nearly 30 years of experience under their belt, they continue to push boundaries of what promotional products can be and what they can accomplish. SnugZ reached out to Ben Adams at Labs USA in search of a fume hood for their expanding cosmetic lab so they could have a place to make all lipsticks, balms and glosses as well as any scented products.
Ben at Labs USA provided an in-stock solution for Snugz; he was able to provide them with every product they were looking for and more. We were able to supply them with a By-Pass Hood on an epoxy top, underneath was a acid storage cabinet, and a flammable storage cabinet.
The fume hood features an internal, alternative opening located above the sash. This allows for a constant air volume which allows for change in the hood’s face velocity. In operation, the bypass exhaust system works automatically, in conjunction with the hood sash. The bypass adjustment is made as the sash is opened and closed creating a relatively constant air volume regardless of sash position.
Utilizing computational fluid dynamics, Labs USA was able to develop a safe and superior operating environment without the need for additional components to add or inject air into the hood chamber. By controlling baffle pressurization, it achieves the fume hood’s proper capture and containment at a 60 FPM face velocity. The acid and flammable safety storage offered a safe and controlled space to store more sensitive materials.
- Counterweight provides a one finger sash operation.
- Hood entrance is framed with inward-angled members to minimize turbulence and provide smooth air movement in the hood at face velocities ranging from 60 to 150 FPM.
- Stainless steel airfoil allows 1″ of airflow across the work surface when the sash is in the closed position.
- Double-wall construction for ease of routing plumbing/ electrical lines.
- Standard “Resin-Chem” interior liner with removable access panels on both sides.
- Removable exterior side panels.
- Light’s mounted above a sealed safety glass panel keep corrosive fumes and hazardous vapors isolated.
Return on Investment
There are many money saving features about our lab furniture. One important feature is our in-stock program. We have a warehouse stocked full of lab furniture totaling over $4 million. By hiring a laboratory furniture contractors in Salt Lake City, Utah your facility can avoid downtime and make upgrades or replacements much simpler.