Airstream biological safety cabinet fume hoods are in stock ready to ship. Features a compact design and low energy operation. The silver ions in the coating can kill bacterium contaminants. It eliminates fumes from front, back, and sides to create a ISO class 3 work zone and to prevent cross contamination. It’s fit with a ULPA air filter optimized to give large performance envelope that provides operator and product protection at wide inflow and downflow variation.
Airstream Biological Safety Cabinet Fume Hoods
- Microprocessor Controller
- Air Flow Sensor
- Single-Piece Work Tray
- Raised Arm Rest
- Removable Paper Catch
- RS 232 and Zero Volt | Relay Contact Interface
- Angled Drain Pan
Esco Airstream Biological Safety Cabinet Fume Hoods – series BSC are compact-sized, low height, low energy, low noise bio-safety cabinets, condensing the advanced safety and ergonomic features into a small footprint that includes:
- Powered by latest generation ECM motor
- Stable airflow, despite building voltage fluctuations & filter loading
- Night setback mode reduces power by 60%
- 10x filtration efficiency of HEPA filter
- Creates ISO Class 3 work zone exceeding the ISO Class 5 industry standard
Large Performance Envelope
- Provides wide margin of operator and product protection in the event of imbalanced loading of exhaust and downflow filters
- The silver ions in the coating kill this contaminant.
- Protection lasts through the lifetime of the cabinet
- Reduces bio-burden, product and lab contamination
Durable Metal Plenum
- Resist punctures and leaks, unlike BSCs with plastic bag plenum
- Provided with anti-microbial coating to reduce bio-burden inside the BSC
Double Layer Side Wall
- Blower plenum and side walls are surrounded by negative pressure
- Prevents hazardous pathogens from escaping into lab by pulling them into the plenum to be captured
Airstream Biological Safety Cabinet Fume Hoods Airflow Explained
Ambient air is pulled through face opening to create inflow. This inflow is joined by half of the unit downflow, to create a front air curtain that is fine-tuned to provide a large performance envelope. The combined air stream travels through the back of the unit a creates an air column towards the blower.
Approximately 1/3 of the air in the common plenum is exhausted through the ULPA filter to the room. The remaining 2/3 of the air is passed through the downflow ULPA filter and into the work area as a vertical laminar flow air to create an ISO Class 3 work zone and to prevent cross contamination
Near the work surface, the downflow splits. About half goes to the front grill and half goes to the rear grill. A small portion enters the side capture zones to prevent dead air spaces in the corners.
This design is optimized to give large performance envelope, that provides operator and product protection at wide inflow and downflow variation.