The Powder Weighing Fume Hood for weighing, mixing and protects the operator from exposure to hazardous powders or potent pharmaceutical compounds. It is HEPA-filtered to remove virtually all particulate matter and reduces airflow turbulence. It features a high level of usability, comfort, and visibility. Furthermore, the fume hood is user-friendly & fully configurable.
Laboratory operations involving weighing, mixing and dispensing hazardous or nuisance powders can now be performed safely and economically with the Esco Powdermax Powder Weighing Balance Enclosure. The enclosure’s unique design maintains balance stability to 4 decimal places without compromising containment.
Designed specifically for powder containment applications, the Powdermax Enclosure employs carefully directed inward airflow at the face of the enclosure to protect the operator from exposure to hazardous powders or potent pharmaceutical compounds. The aerodynamically designed enclosure reduces airflow turbulence for maximum containment while minimizing the effect that air drafts may have on sensitive weighing balances. The enclosure design exceeds the containment requirements of ANSI/ ASHRAE 110 as proven by independent testing. All exhaust air is HEPA-filtered, removing virtually all particulate matter, before recirculation to the laboratory.
Designed for Enhanced Usability and Efficiency
The Powdermax balance enclosure is designed specifically to provide the operator with a high level of usability, comfort and visibility.
- A 13-degree sloped front allows easy access to the work zone, eliminating operator fatigue and increasing productivity
- Transparent .2″ (6 mm) frameless acrylic front and sides enhance visibility and operator comfort during longer periods of operation. The self-supporting pretension hinges on the front window provide easy access during loading and start-up
- Ergonomically designed apertures for hands simultaneously provide maximum movement within the work zone while protecting the operator. The curved front edge minimizes airflow turbulence and improves user comfort.
- Two electrical pass-through on the back wall of the unit provide convenient access to power sources for equipment
- The spacious interior dimensions will easily accommodate large analytical balances.
- 110 V operation
Enhanced Filtration System
The enclosure’s unique filtration system ensures the highest level of protection for the operator
- The Powdermax Balance Enclosure provides enhanced safety to the laboratory personnel by drawing air across the front opening in the hood at a controlled rate, preventing the escape of powders and particulate matters into the general laboratory environment
- The Powdermax Balance Enclosure is equipped with a generously sized HEPA filter system, rated at >99.99% efficiency for 0.3 micron sized particles.
- The user-friendly Esco SentinelTM micro-processor based control system is fully configurable according to operator’s requirements and comes equipped with a number of enhanced features to promote cabinet usability.
Designed and Built to Exceed Safety
All components used in Esco products meet or exceed all the applicable safety requirements and are UL listed/recognized. The Powdermax is compliant with International Standards. The cabinet is designed to meet the general safety requirements of EN 61010-1, EN 61326 Class B.
- Room air is drawn in across the front of the cabinet with an average velocity of 100 fpm (0.5 m/s)
- Air is drawn up through the cabinet’s work zone and forced through the HEPA filter (>99.99% typical efficiency for 0.3 micron sized particles)
- The state-of-the-art baffle system ensures airflow uniformity throughout the cabinets main chamber
- The HEPA filtered air then returns to the laboratory stripped of all airborne contaminants or is vented through the optional exhaust collar to exhaust ducting for enhanced safety.